Summer Job Posting Marketing Assistant Pitt Meadows / Maple Ridge area CogSci Apps Corp.
CogSci Apps Corp. develops mySleepButton® and other great upcoming apps for OS X® and iOS®. CogZest™ publishes and provides training in cognitive productivity, sleep, and emotions. CogSci Apps Corp. aims to hire a university student for the summer of 2016 to act as Marketing Assistant.
- Anticipated Start Date: 2016-05-16
- End Date: Aug 27 (14 weeks)
- 4 days per week.
- Possibility of continuation (depending on performance).
- Candidate will work partly on site, and partly from home
Reporting to product management, you will
- Develop marketing materials for mySleepButton and upcoming apps, as well as CogZest’s books (Cognitive Productivity and next ones).
- Assist in the development and sharing of social media content, monitor social media activity, and write blog posts.
- Analyse sales, marketing and user data.
- Propose marketing strategies and tactics based on data.
- Help test CogSci Apps software.
- Undertake a variety of Marketing duties as assigned.
We are looking for a creative individual who meets the following criteria
- At least two years of an undergraduate degree in Psychology, Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field.
- Preferably, the candidate will have taken courses in (a) statistics and behavior research methods courses; (b) sleep; and (c) cognitive psychology.
- Social media and marketing experience
- Very skilled at using Apple® Mac® OS X® and iOS®, spreadsheets and word processors. Must very much enjoy using information technology and learning new technology.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Willing and able to learn markdown.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to address multiple audiences while maintaining each brand’s voice.
- Capable of quickly learning to represent the company on marketing phone calls.
- Superior editing and proofreading skills to ensure accuracy, completeness and excellence in all published material.
- Conversant with Google Analytics tools, enjoy using such tools.
- Experience creating and posting content on several social channels.
- Able to design simple, effective visual content.
- Proficiency with OmniGraffle , Sketch or Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent planning skills and organization.
- Able to collaborate and work autonomously on multiple interleaved projects.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and high standards for excellence.
- An iPhone® user.
- Love psychology, love apps, love marketing.
- Perfectly trustworthy. (Compare Covey’s The Speed of Trust and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People).
Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Location. Candidates based in Pitt Meadows or Maple Ridge BC preferred.
Nice to have
- 2-D character animation skills.
- Able to write in Markdown.
This position also involves marketing of related CogZest products.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, in markdown format or PDF. Please do not use Microsoft® Word® or RTF. For each of the foregoing requirements, please indicate in your cover letter whether or how you meet it. If you have a profile on LinkedIn, please include its web address.
CogSci Apps Corp. also plans to hire a junior software developer who is proficient with X Code for iOS® and OS X® (MacOS®). Interested candidates please email a resume and cover letter at email@example.com. This is an anticipatory advert: the position is dependent on funding.